Golden Principles (Chin Tao Li) of T'ai Chi Ch'uan
(Redirected from The Golden Principles (Chin Tao Li) of T'ai Chi Ch'uan)
The Golden Principles (Chin Tao Li) of T'ai Chi Ch'uan
- Keep your body erect without stiffness.
- Everything about you should be completely relaxed, especially the mind.
- Maintain the heel and toe principles for all foot movements.
- Co-ordinate the movements of the upper and lower halves of the body.
- Harmonize the internal and external physical aspects of the body.
- Ensure that there is a continuity of movement at all times, and that all movements follow a curve or circular form. Movements are never straight lines in T'ai Chi.
- Learn to breathe deeply through your lower abdomen, and keep your tongue against the roof of your mouth.
- Extend and let your vitality power flow on all outward movements.
- Recall and relax your vitality power on all inward movements.
- Study the laws of life within the realms of the spiritual path (Tao).
Study the use and harmonization of the vitality power and macro-cosmic energy, which are the internal and external, physical and spiritual energies.