Golden Principles (Chin Tao Li) of T'ai Chi Ch'uan
The Golden Principles (金道理 Jīn Dàolǐ) of T'ai Chi Ch'uan
- Keep your body erect without stiffness.
- Everything about you should be completely relaxed, especially the mind.
- Maintain the heel and toe principles for all foot movements.
- Co-ordinate the movements of the upper and lower halves of the body.
- Harmonize the internal and external physical aspects of the body.
- Ensure that there is a continuity of movement at all times, and that all movements follow a curve or circular form. Movements are never straight lines in T'ai Chi.
- Learn to breathe deeply through your lower abdomen, and keep your tongue against the roof of your mouth.
- Extend and let your vitality power flow on all outward movements.
- Recall and relax your vitality power on all inward movements.
- Study the laws of life within the realms of the spiritual path (Tao).
Study the use and harmonization of the vitality power and macro-cosmic energy, which are the internal and external, physical and spiritual energies.